Polkamarkets #10 Monthly Recap — November 2021
November was focused on technical development and audits by leading blockchain firms for technology security such as Certik and Red4Sec. We have passed all of them and we’re now certified, adding them to the Hacken audit. A partnership with Transak Finance was established for fiat-to-crypto payment gateway bringing traditional payment methods to the prediction markets protocol.
With the release of the Polkamarkets Protocol in a live environment, and in order to increase adoption of the protocol, we’ve launched protocol incentives that have been running since its inception. We have already distributed $18,000 USDC to the community. Here are some stats worth sharing (source):
- +700 Monthly Transactions
- +500 Monthly Volume (MOVR) / +145k USD
Here’s a quick summary of what we accomplished in the latest month:
Polkamarkets Audit Report (Certik)
Polkamarkets Protocol has been audited by Certik and passed. To ensure full functionality, stability, and security for users, Certik proceeded to do a full-scale security audit of Polkamarkets’ code for Mainnet. (read more)
Polkamarkets Audit Report (Red4Sec)
Polkamarkets Protocol has been audited by Red4Sec and passed. Red4Sec was hired to perform a security code audit in order to evaluate the security of the Prediction Market smart contract, as part of the vulnerability review and management process. (read more)
Partnership with Transak Finance
We’re partnering with Transak Finance for fiat-to-crypto payment gateway. This will allow users to onboard to web3 via normal credit card payments. Polkamarkets Labs and Transak Finance will team up to enable POLK and other currencies on the Polkamarkets webapp to be accessible via an easy and compliant fiat onboarding experience. (read more)
Polkamarkets Labs Announces Polkamarkets-js
What’s on the Roadmap?
As you can see, some of the developments that we have on the roadmap are being finalized:
- A new landing page is soon to be launched with all the protocol metrics, TVL, and much more.
- Video tutorials to support and help user adoption of the protocol.
- An extended support/FAQ page with all of the community’s questions regarding the prediction markets protocol.
- More protocol rewards initiatives are being developed.
- Polkamarkets automated bot feed on Discord is in development.
- V2 Polkamarkets Protocol — Moonbeam Deployment with features such as multiple outcomes (>2), stable ERC20 options, oracle resolution option, market initial prices (odds), liquidity mining ($POLK), and much more.
We are completely focused on improving the Polkamarkets Protocol towards its V2 on Moonbeam Network and thrilled for what 2022 will bring. We will be continuously working on hard development in order to progress on our roadmap.
You can read more in our Public Roadmap. We update it on a bi-weekly basis (once per two weeks). All development only mentions the Protocol Side of Development. Stay tuned and up to date by joining our Discord Server.
Polkamarkets is an Autonomous Prediction Market Protocol built for multi-chain information exchange and trading where users take positions on outcomes of real-world events–in decentralized and interoperable EVMs.