June was a great month for Polkamarkets with lots of technology updates and feedback from our open beta testers. We also inked a key technological partnership that allows us to solve a key issue for all blockchain-based prediction markets: decentralized and robust event resolution. The team is heads-down working hard to deliver the first Mainnet version of Polkamarkets as soon as possible.
So far, we have seen very encouraging results, statistics, and feedback from our open beta. Our team is motivated and excited to go into July having made solid progress on the product roadmap and deliverables.
🤝 Kleros Partnership
Polkamarkets’ partnership with Kleros represents an important step towards the full decentralisation of our prediction markets. One of the greatest challenges that prediction market platforms face is having reliable, trustworthy, and decentralised event resolution. With Kleros, Polkamarkets is able to offer markets in a wide variety of genres across diverse premises, and ensure our users that the markets are well-formed and resolve clearly. We are excited to see how Kleros’ technology can further our mission of delivering decentralised prediction markets to the masses. — Read more
⚙️ Technology Updates
Our team has worked incredibly hard to release iterations of our prediction market technology and to gather feedback from real users. Since the launch of our MVP, we’ve been listening to our community and building the most unique Prediction Market platform yet.
- Redesigning the market positions table: we made some changes here, especially on displaying information that would be valuable to the user (time of the transaction, its type, and the outcome through colored badges). Also added a transaction explorer that can be checked on Etherscan;
- Homepage markets sorting: sort/filter option was added on the homepage enabling sorting by volume, liquidity, and expiration date. Also made it possible to filter through categories/keywords and open/closed/in-reporting states;
- Portfolio page redesigned: you can now filter between open and resolved markets, for easier convenience on checking your positions.
- Sorting columns on market positions’ page: You can sort by every column — both ascending and descending — and the default column sort will be highlighted.
👀 What’s coming in July?
For the following month of July, we will continue to focus on our technology and develop our app towards mainnet delivery. Most functions are still done through an admin dashboard but the process of market creation and resolution will be completely decentralized.
Other topics for the upcoming weeks and months include:
- Launch light mode
- Decentralized event resolution
- Liquidity fees earnings
- Fixing bugs that are reported on a weekly basis
- Preparation for mainnet (Ethereum)
We want to thank everyone for their huge support and feedback. We want to focus on building the product, gathering more relevant feedback and working towards the mainnet release of the protocol. Also, we’d like to remind everyone that we’re shifting our community and communication to Discord, so make sure to join us here: https://discord.gg/N6BEfjau .
Polkamarkets is an Autonomous Prediction Market Protocol built for cross-chain information exchange and trading where users take positions on outcomes of real-world events–in a decentralized and interoperable platform based on Polkadot.